Throttle body EFI Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle body EFI Kits

So I have a 78 Dodge Magnum with a 400 CI motor with forged internals, Performer Intake, dual 2.5" exhaust, Schumacher headers, MP e/ignition conversion, Edelbrock performer heads, hi Flow mechanical fuel pump, and some other goodies. The transmission and converter are Street/Strip with a Gear Vendors overdrive. The car is very fast, and as a racer I know what very fast is. The motor is an ex-pump gas race motor that I've made even faster. Seat of the pants guess is 550-600hp to crank.

I have tried a couple of Holly 4150 carbs on it, and can't get either tuned perfectly. Rather than jack with it, I'm wanting to throw on an EFI kit. I'm going throttle body for ease. I've looked at Fast (everyone says their support us shit) MSD, FI Fuel and even Summit.

I'm thinking the best kit for me might be the Holley Sniper EFI Returnless Self-Tuning Fuel Injection Systems 550-511D

Reason being is an in-tank pump with regulator having no need for a return line. It is alleged to drop into my tank, but I'll measure to verify. My tank is a fairly new replacement in good condition. My engine sits tall and the hood is low, to where I have a drop base air cleaner with 2" element. By eyeball, the throttle body appears in photo to be shorter than the Holley 4150. I can't go a single mm taller. I would plumb with braided lines and AN fittings instead of rubber hose with barbed ends/clamps.

Questions are:
    • How do you make this work with a fuel gauge sending unit?
    • Anyone know the height VS 4150?
    • Anyone have experience doing this, who could share what they've experienced?

Click image for larger version

Name:	sne-550-511d_xl.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	4195

Name:	81762627_177153706698316_4063681868296355840_n.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	4196Click image for larger version

Name:	82069717_177153606698326_8297658751792447488_n.jpg
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	4197

Name:	tQKMLESww3itGvjgFIlV_22_8a44773d3c00f189910884e7efdbca6a_image.jpeg
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	4198

Name:	cVT8Gdj59DMr3Tjl8FOv_22_e5d0f63afdeb653c2ba9950dfeab58f1_image.jpeg
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	4199
    1. Tips on using MoparWeb Best Click Here
    2. Before you log off, click the Groups link in Navbar to see what's going over there
    3. 100% Free Classified Ad web site run by the Old Hippie Click Here
    4. Check out a random article on MoparWiki https://www.moparwiki.com/index.php?...Special:Random
    5. The help link is full-featured and not a joke. Use it if you have a problem

You have a very nice clean set up there OH. AndyF on moparts has done several sniper set up and may have the info you are looking for. I have a 78 Cordoba Crown Coupe I am restifying in similar fashion to yours. Couple of questions- did you try to test fit a 518 before going with the gear vendors overdrive? Also is your serpentine set up March pulleys?

Comment

Originally posted by mgoblue9798 View Post
      You have a very nice clean set up there OH. AndyF on moparts has done several sniper set up and may have the info you are looking for. I have a 78 Cordoba Crown Coupe I am restifying in similar fashion to yours. Couple of questions- did you try to test fit a 518 before going with the gear vendors overdrive? Also is your serpentine set up March pulleys?
      Yes I used a March Pulley kit about 17 years ago.
      I didn't try a 518 because my Magnum is a big block.
      1. Tips on using MoparWeb Best Click Here
      2. Before you log off, click the Groups link in Navbar to see what's going over there
      3. 100% Free Classified Ad web site run by the Old Hippie Click Here
      4. Check out a random article on MoparWiki https://www.moparwiki.com/index.php?...Special:Random
      5. The help link is full-featured and not a joke. Use it if you have a problem

Comment

Working...
      X