Gear Vendors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Vendors

Gear Vendors make an overdrive unit that replaces the tailshaft on your 727 transmission. I have a big block making about 550hp in my Magnum, Ginger. I replaced the 8.25" with an 8.75" with 3.55 gears. I'm teaching about 3500 RPM at 80 (speed limit 75 here) and the car gets pretty warm at that speed at that speed on hot Texas Summer Days. It also doesn't exactly sip gas.

I bought a Gear Vendors overdrive that I'll be putting in, in the next month - so I'll let you know how it goes. They claim you can split shift (maybe better for trucks and motorhomes than me), and that it will take a monsterous amount of hp for racing and weight for trucks towing. I'll not need that, just to drop my RPMs to 2000-2200 will be all I need.

I know you can adapt the overdrive Tourqeflites, but I believe that's only for small block.

The kit was a little pricey at $2800, but looks solid and they shipped it quick.
    RACING AND TOWING PERFORMANCEOVERDRIVE ECONOMY The Absolute Highest Horsepower Handling Overdrive you can buy! Gear-Splitting Performance and Overdrive Economy. For RV’s, Trucks, Muscle Cars, Hot Rods, and Racing. The Finest Quality Auxiliary Transmissions. The Ultimate in Horsepower Handling and Performance. GEAR VENDORS provides overdrive product to racing cars and trucks up to 2000hp and trucks … Continue reading Home →
Working...
X