Clear All

• F Body Muscle - Well sort of

Click image for larger version

Name:	76916722_10157862909553537_5499683980187795456_o.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	3308
    1. Tips on using MoparWeb Best Click Here
    2. Before you log off, click the Groups link in Navbar to see what's going over there
    3. 100% Free Classified Ad web site run by the Old Hippie Click Here
    4. Check out a random article on MoparWiki https://www.moparwiki.com/index.php?...Special:Random
    5. The help link is full-featured and not a joke. Use it if you have a problem

Name:	78198787_2488644448084539_8280224951257006080_o.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	3310
    2. Before you log off, click the Groups link in Navbar to see what's going over there
    4. Check out a random article on MoparWiki https://www.moparwiki.com/index.php?...Special:Random

Comment

Name:	20934810_1929156080685274_3729068772616544421_o.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	3312

Comment

Name:	20507037_894980057316641_6049250882475250070_o.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	3314

Comment

Comment

Comment

Name:	AspenAirA.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	3338

Comment

Aside from your drag car these are more glitz than substance, IMHO
                Paul, aka 'zij576ca'
                Member & webmaster,Mopar Club San Diego
                http://www.moparclubsandiego.org

Comment

There weren't many options in the Dark Disco Years of 85mph speedos and 55mph speed limits.

Comment

Taken in 2017

Comment

Name:	image_2199.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	4322 1980 Road Runner. I'm the original owner. 318 2 bbl was the biggest you could get back then. Only 423 made. No muscle car for sure but a heluva lot of fun to drive and that counts for something with me. It turns a lot of heads when I'm out. Heavy duty springs and torsion bars. Partial assist power steering. Radio delete. I'll post the sticker shortly.
                      Last edited by 80runner; 03-28-2020, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sticker1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.0 KB ID:	4324
                        Last edited by 80runner; 03-28-2020, 04:49 AM.

Comment

The car has 46,000 miles on it and I drove all of them. It's been stored every winter except the first one. The story behind buying the care is interesting, too. I was working the service desk at Gary Miller Chrysler-Plymouth during 1980 in Erie, PA. I had graduated from college but couldn't find a job due to the recession. Chrysler was in deep trouble and I got my @$$ beat daily at the service desk over quality issues and customer paranoia about the company going toes up. The new car sales Mgr. knew I liked this car. It had been sitting on the lot for a while because nobody wanted it. The thing has a V-8. Mileage concerns scared people away. So lthe sales mgr. has the car parked right in front of the service bay door where I had to look at it every day. This torture went on for months. Finally in November, I talked my wife to be to come look at the car one Friday night. We drove it and she said OK to buy it. I told the sales mgr. I'd stop by the next day, give him the $500 deposit and fill out the paperwork. I get there the next morning and found out the sales mgr. sold the car to someone else! I was upset. The reason a sales guy would do this is because the car gets sold to me at $100 over dealer invoice. The kid who bought it certainly agreed to pay more. The sales mgr. wasn't around so I went looking for the boss, Mr. Miller. He wasn't around so I went to his next in command and calmly registered my complaint. He was very silent and listened to every word and promised to look into it. At this point I had given up any hope of buying the car. The next working day, Monday, second in command comes down stairs to inform me the kids credit app had been somehow "denied" and that I could buy the car. Of course I wasted no time and did it very quickly. When the kid came in, he was really ticked because he had stellar credit. The bosses never admitted to playing games on my behalf but I'm sure they did.

Year: 1980

Make: Plymouth

Model: Volare Roadrunner

VIN: HL29 GAG 211999

Fender Tag:
                          H42 J88 M25 N98 22
                          E56 F18 G01 C02 G67 G77
                          EW1 U 3 A57 B41 C16
                          EW1 L6M6 000 S20 BS1220
                          E44 D32 HL29 GAG 211999

Options:
                          A55 - Handling and Performance Package - Firm Feel Power Steering, Heavy Duty Shocks and Suspension.
                          R08 - Delete AM Radio
                          L6M6 - Bucket Seats, Brushed Aluminum Dash Bezel
                          C16 - Console
                          B41 - Power Front Disc Brakes
                          L34 - Halogen Headlamps
                          G01 - Rear Window Defroster - Electric

Standard Volare Roadrunner Equipment:
                          Original Spinnaker White Exterior
                          Original Red Interior
                          Red Pinstripping With Roadrunner Decals
                          Red Triangle Spoked Wheels
                          Standard 2-Door Hardtop
                          Standard 3-Piece Spoiler
                          Standard Blacked Out Grill & Headlight Surrounds
                          Standard 318 c.i.d. 2-barrel Engine
                          Standard A904 Automatic Transmission With Lock-up Converter
                          Standard 8 1/4 Rear-End

One last edit.....Thank you, Old Hippie for putting up this site. It's great and I won't be a stranger.
                          Last edited by 80runner; 03-28-2020, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Welcome to MoparWeb, 80runner. Interesting story about the purchase and of course they played games. Good for you, not so good for the kid.
                            Paul, aka 'zij576ca'
                            Member & webmaster,Mopar Club San Diego
                            http://www.moparclubsandiego.org

Comment

Working...
                            X