MAXIMVS III - 1966 Dodge Coronet Post Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAXIMVS III - 1966 Dodge Coronet Post Car

This thread will document the build of a derelict Arizona 1966 Dodge Coronet post car. MAXIMVS was a 1963 Savoy that I raced in NSS and MAXIMVS II was a 1964 Savoy that I built as a hemi car. I no longer have those (but I may get MAXIMVS 1963 Savoy back one day), MAXIMVS II was bought for parts. I've had a number of 1967 Dodge R/T's and I like the body style so I went looking for a 66-67 post car. Anyway, here's some pics as it stands now.

http://photos.emeryengineering.com/F...76121&mt=Photo

snook

Snook, use the upload attachments feature to post photos in your post. Click full size for each.

Looking forward to the build.

Comment

Snook
      This car was overdue, to have someone save it. Good luck on this builld. Looking forward to seeing updates.

Comment

Car will be here 2nd week in January, I'll get some pics of the stripping for paint and undercarriage paint
        • I'm going with 1966 WW-1 (white) and a black interior. It was originally a turquoise (KK-1).
        • I decided on a 383 based 431 stroker as I have a pristine standard bore 69 383 block that I just stripped, economical and won't break the bank. In the meantime I'll pick up 426 hemi parts as I run across them for the final build.
        • No hood scoop will be installed on this one.
        • I'm using the 8-3/4 that's in it until I can swing a Dana 60.
        • It had power brakes but I'm ditching that and will replace the manual steering box with power brake unit.
        • I'm also installing A/C and replacing the 22" core support with a 26" core support.
        • It will be getting a Turbo Action 727 with a 9" converter.
        • No cage or roll bar - that POS in it is going to the scrap heap.
        • No graphics
        That's a beginning I guess.

snook

Comment

You ought to make it NSS Legal and show to a couple of races Close to you

Comment

It will be NSS legal in case I want to take it to a meet.

snook

Comment

It's on the way....

snook
              Attached Files

Comment

Maxmvs III is home

snook
                Attached Files

Comment

Started the clean up and inspection today. Here's a link to some before pics: http://photos.emeryengineering.com/F...76927&mt=Photo

Turns out the car has front disc brakes and some weird leaf spring perches/shock mounts I have not seen before - looks to be home made. It also has a K member that I've not been able to identify, if you can take a look and let me know it would be appreciated. If you look at the pics in the link above, you'll see that they cut out the core support for a larger radiator. I'll be replacing the core support with a 26" unit. I will probably replace the floor with a non-hacked up piece - I don't know if I can live with the stick welded floor that's in there. On the other hand the trunk floor is pristine and will require no work - that's different. It also appears that this was an A/C car - can anyone confirm by the firewall and dash vents?

snook

Comment

Looks like it has the longer front hangers than stock....

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
                      Looks like it has the longer front hangers than stock....
                      I think those are frame connector mounts that never got completed.

snook

Comment

Finished stripping the car and it's ready to go for body/paint. It will be a dark grey primer on the bottom and WW1 white all over. Picked up a nice 26" core support today. Here's some pics of the stripped car...

snook
                        Attached Files

Comment

More pics...

Snook

Attached Files

Comment

keep them coming

Comment

Working...
                            X